PREMIER VIRTUAL TRADE MISSION
for Israeli and Washington, DC, Region Companies
Focused on Security, from April 29 - May 22, 2002
The Opportunity: International Business Networking Via the Internet and Video Conferencing - A virtual trade mission for companies and agencies in the Washington, DC, region that are interested in doing business with Israeli security firms was successfully hosted from April 29 to May 22, 2002. This was the region's first Internet-based trade mission with Israel, and provided companies, governments, and organizations an efficient and cost-effective opportunity to network and collaborate on securing safe, reliable solutions to perceived threats. Official organizers included:
- Washington D.C. Technology Council
- Greater Washington Board of Trade's International Gateway
- US-Israel Business Exchange
- Virginia-Israel Advisory Board
- Maryland / Israel Development Center
- Israel Export Institute
- Israeli Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- SIBAT Foreign Defense Assistance and the Defense Export Department of the Israel Ministry of Defense
- McDermott, Will & Emery
- Ropes & Gray
- Sonic Telecom
- Sughrue, Mion, PLLC
- TradeBuilders, Inc.
Participants: Companies Selected - Firms from Israel and the Washington, D.C., region that offered or needed one or more of the following security technologies or services participated in this virtual trade mission:
- Cyber and data security - authentication, network security, firewalls, encryption, biometrics, security of financial transactions, disaster recovery, etc.
- Facilities security - security and surveillance systems and procedures for office buildings, industrial parks, laboratories, sports facilities, malls, utilities, transportation facilities, etc.
- Security training - training re: facilities and data security, disaster recovery, protection of personnel, etc.
Participants: Examples - The types of organizations that actively participated in this virtual trade mission included:
- April 29 to May 22 - Facilitated Networking Over the Internet
- May 22 - Video Conference Between Washington, DC, and Tel Aviv